OneSpartanburg Inc., an organization focused on building a vibrant Spartanburg through business, economic and tourism development, announced Jan. 1. 26 represents 36 economic development projects to be implemented in 2022 Spartanburg County and Spartanburg.
These projects generated $3.2 billion in capital investment and created 1,742 new jobs.
“Approximately $8.8 million circulates through our local economy every day of the year, benefiting small and medium businesses in every corner of the county,” said OneSpartanburg Inc. President and CEO Alan Smith.
Selected 2022 Economic Development Projects:
- BMW Made – $1.7 billion investment in electric vehicle production, including new $700 million battery assembly plant in Woodruff
- Greenidge Generation – Investing $264M in Cryptocurrency Mining and Power Generation Facility
- BMW Manufacturing – Investing $200 million in a new press shop
- BMW Manufacturing – $1.7 billion announced in October, including 300 new jobs
- Ingram Micro – $37M Investment Announcement, Including Regional Fulfillment Center in Roebuck, Expected to Create 203 New Jobs
- Winar Connections – Invests $5 million to build facility to meet demand growth, expects to create 50 new jobs
In 2021, Spartanburg announced 44 economic development projects, bringing in $1.9 billion in investment and creating 4,045 new jobs.