Jay Leno severely burned after car catches fire in Los Angeles home garage | US News

Jay Leno was badly burned after a car caught fire in the garage of his Los Angeles home.

The American comedian was taken to hospital with facial burns after what his representatives called a “flash fire.”

The 72-year-old former Tonight Show host canceled Sunday night’s show in Las Vegas after suffering a “very serious medical emergency,” according to People magazine.

He said in a statement to Sky News partner NBC News: “I was badly burned by the petrol fire. I am fine. It will only take a week or two to get back on my feet.”

Leno was taken to the Grossman Burn Center for treatment, but his eyes and ears were not seriously damaged, according to Reuters.

On April 27, 2000, NBC late night host Jay Leno was honored with his wife Mavis on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles. Leno will produce a show for CBS called "foreign cars," A half-hour comedy set in the context of an internet car dealership.  BK
With wife Mavis in 2000

After leaving The Tonight Show in 2014, the avid car collector with more than 200 vehicles hosted the revival of the hit US game show Gamble Your Life and Jay Leno’s Garage on CNBC.

He also writes a regular column in Popular Mechanics magazine, showcasing his collection and giving automotive advice.

Source link