Economic turmoil, supply chain issues and a shortage of skilled talent will prompt technology leaders to prioritize investments in projects that improve operational resilience to drive growth
Austin, Texasand Cambridge, Massachusetts, September 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — New research published by Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) North American Technology and Innovation Shows Global Technology Spending Will Exceed $4 trillion By 2023, if two-thirds of technology decision makers increase their technology budgets despite increased economic uncertainty. Additionally, in the coming year, to remain competitive, future fit technology leaders will take a more pragmatic approach to experimenting with innovation to prioritize customer needs—80% of companies will, according to Forrester’s 2023 Technology Leadership Prediction Shift innovation work from creativity to resilience.
Kicks off today at the North American Technology and Innovation Conference Austin, Texas On the digital front, Forrester analysts will launch new research and frameworks to help future fit technology leaders drive the future growth of their organizations by creating and executing adaptive and resilient technology strategies. The new study includes:
- 2023 Predictions: Technology Leadership. Tech companies have struggled due to reduced capital flows, rising interest rates and concerns about dwindling customer demand. In 2023, technology leaders should review their vendors ahead of upcoming refresh cycles and develop contingency plans for software-as-a-service (SaaS) failures, spin-offs, and product obsolescence. More whistleblowers are expected to step up to hold technology leaders accountable, forcing CIOs to take action. Join this keynote to learn about the future of technology leaders in 2023.
- State of the Future Fit Technology Strategy in 2022. Even in times of uncertainty, companies that adapt to the future to meet customer needs are growing revenue 1.8 times faster than their peers, according to new research from Forrester. Future Fit Organizations Over 75% of business and technology professionals strongly agree that their organizations can easily absorb major business changes and that technology platforms are key to accelerating organizational transformation and innovation journeys. Join this session to learn best practices for creating a future-fit platform strategy to drive business outcomes.
- Skills-based talent strategies are at the heart of adaptive organizations. If technology leaders struggle to attract the right talent, they will need to create an adaptable organization that continually develops and applies knowledge and skills to increase resiliency. Join this session to learn how to rethink technical skills and capabilities to develop future-fit strategies and expand your talent roster.
- Top 10 Emerging Technologies for 2022. According to Forrester, 65% of technology professionals say their companies will increase spending on emerging technologies in the next 12 months. Future fit technology organizations can expect to see positive near-term ROI in four emerging technology categories: Extended Reality (XR), AI-powered Turing Robotics, Web3, and Zero Trust Edge. Join this keynote to learn more about which emerging technologies are ready, which are taking some time, and which are still a long way off.
“Looking ahead, future-healthy technology leaders will take a pragmatic but opportunistic approach to enhancing the operational resilience of their organizations, despite any uncertainty to rise above the long-term shadow of the pandemic,” Matthew Guarini, event host, Forrester Vice President and Senior Director of Research. “At the North American Technology and Innovation Center, we will provide technology leaders with the research and insights to overcome this complex environment – translating lessons learned from difficult times into capabilities to ensure their organizations are more resilient and resilient over the long term. success.”
- Learn more about Forrester’s 2023 Technology Leadership Predictions (customer access required).
- Learn more about the principles of future fitness technology strategies.
- Learn why technology leaders need to create an adaptive organization to increase resiliency (requires customer access).
- Learn more about the top 10 emerging technologies that technology leaders should implement, experiment with, or start paying attention to (customer access required).
- follow @Forrester Update with #ForrTech.
Forrest (NASDAQ: FORR) is one of the world’s most influential research and consulting firms. We help leaders in technology, customer experience, digital, marketing, sales and product capabilities leverage the customer first to accelerate growth. Through Forrester’s proprietary research, consulting and events, leaders from around the world are empowered to be bold at work – to navigate change and place clients at the center of their leadership, strategy and operations. Our unique insights are based on an annual survey of more than 700,000 consumers, business leaders, and technology leaders around the world; rigorous and objective research methods, including Forrester Wave™ assessments; 70 million real-time feedback polls; and the collective wisdom of our customers.
forrest research corp.