Salisbury, MD – Small Business Saturday is just around the corner. Salisbury’s business community encourages you to shop locally this weekend.
In downtown Salisbury, several businesses are holding special events and promotions, including sales and gift purchases. Laura Soper, director of business development at Salisbury, said it was an opportunity the mom-and-pop shop looked forward to every year.
“We’ve seen a lot of traffic on this day. I think a lot of the community likes to come out and support some of our local businesses,” Soper said. “So, you’re definitely going to see some activity in the streets, people shopping.”
Soper said shopping locally doesn’t just mean supporting business owners. It also means supporting your friends, neighbors and family.
“When you shop locally, you’re helping your neighbor compared to shopping online,” Soper said. “That money leaves our community. It’s not coming back. So when you shop locally, you’re helping the local economy. That money stays local.”
More than 40 suppliers plan to set up shop in downtown Salisbury on Saturday. If you can’t make it in person, click here to purchase a Salisbury City Center eGift Card.
The following is a list of participating companies:
- EVO Public House – Annual Shuckin’ Good Oyster Fest 12pm-4pm Advance Tickets $49.99. Dinner features fresh catch and daily butcher’s specials. As always, EVO retail cards and gift cards are available for purchase.
- Soul Yoga – 30-minute sound baths on the hour from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm for $10.
- Market Street Inn and Mojo’s – Buy $100 in gift cards, get one $25 gift card, buy $250 in gift cards, get three $25 gift cards, buy $500 in gift cards, get seven A $25 gift card.
- New Creations Hair & Makeup Studio – Christmas Open House, 12pm-2pm, 26th November 10% off gift cards and pre-orders, 20% off gift sets.
- Blackwater Apothecary – Minor Business Vendor’s Market from 10am to 6pm. There will be mini Christmas portraits from a number of local artists and crafters and a local photographer.
- Salisbury Art Space – Contemporary Abstraction is on display.Salisbury Art Space will also be adorning their windows with handcrafted recycled materials
- The Brick Room – All day happy hour, free stickers, while supplies last.
- Deadstock SBY – Discounts on clothing and shoes, stop by and check out the unique deals they have on offer.
- Two Scoops – Receive a gift with every $50 you spend in-store. Stop by for a coffee or a scoop of ice cream, and shop their home goods section.
- Edit Downtown Salon – 20% off hair products. Need some pampering? Book color services with Lindsey at Edit and get 20% off.
- Tiffany Moore Salon & Clothing – Offers clothing and all Christmas gift sales.
- Theresa and Krave Gluten Free Shop’s Sugar Rush – located on W Main Street will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Lilac Clothing Company – Receive a gift with $25+ purchase and 20% off in store and online with code SBS2022